Creator, Writer and Director Andrew Schneider
Contributing Writer Rachel Perks
Acting Stranger is the evolving document of an ongoing project exploring intimacy, relationship and the experience between strangers.
Andrew Schneider writes short scenes—no exposition, no inciting incident, no denouement—and you are invited to participate. If selected, you and Schneider enact the short scenes in public. You do not meet, discuss or experience each other outside the context of the scene. The experience is documented and will be shown at a free screening at ACMI.
- Memorise the script VERBATIM.
- Show up on time.
- Show up 15 minutes early if the scene takes place in a mass– transit venue.
- The scene starts when you see me. The camera will be rolling. I will be standing in front of the camera.
- Say your first line, or wait for me to say mine.
- We will only meet as the characters.
- There is only one take.
- There is no messing up.
- Keep going.
- The scene ends when the camera is turned off.
- We will not introduce ourselves in real life.
- You agree to have your likeness videotaped and published on-line
Submissions close Sun 27 September at 10pm.
ARTS HOUSE, NORTH MELBOURNE TOWN HALL // FREE
SAT 17 OCTOBER 1—9pm
SUN 18 OCTOBER 10am—6.30pm
MON 19 OCTOBER 10am—8pm
Watch scenes from Melbourne's Acting Stranger through interactive monitors and a looped screening.
Melbourne Festival would like to thank the following for their support in this project:
City of Melbourne
City of Port Phillip
Naked for Satan
Soap Bar Launderette and Aurora Espresso Bar
Melbourne Festival’s free program of activities proudly brought to you by the City of Melbourne.